PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Server Wipe Petition. [24hr poll]

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like the Server wiped?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 38

Panterra-Arius
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Painted Ones

[Closed] Server Wipe Petition. [24hr poll]

Post#1 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:27 pm

Was seeing if their was any chance of the server wiping for the new year?

Server has lots of new faces and tribes, so it'd be interesting to give everyone a chance at being top dog. Currently its just polyester girls and bronies raiding who they want when they want and minimal action happening with other tribes.

Thought id see what everyone else thought.

New year, new wipe?

Also thought of server wiping every 2-3 months? After 2 months alphas have usually been decided and the server pace tends to slow down.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Server Wipe Petition.

Post#2 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:51 pm

poll has been created and moved to Polls section.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

st0n3dm0nk3y1
Survivor
Tribe: Amazon

Post#3 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:33 pm

yous do realize the sever will always have someone asking to restart because they want a fair chance it will never be fair there will always be alphas that dominate the whole sever but every time a heap of new players join they have a sook cause they have no chance of being alpha

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#4 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:34 pm

Panterra is not exactly new, but hey.

Server should wipe more in general regardless of who's alpha.

I've always been happy and asked for wipes, even as alpha myself.

Panterra-Arius
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Painted Ones

Post#5 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:39 pm

Monkey,

I know there will always eventually be a alpha, thats why if you read the bottom italic stylized writing i also suggest 2-3 monthly wipes. This way the alpha constantly changes, ppl get chances and the server never becomes stale.

I also never said the server is unfair, i said there is minimal action between any tribe other then poly and bronies and who they decide to raid... which is true.

As for new I was on this server... maybe a year ago? yeah, anyway Im not new, i also have 1.5k hours in Ark im not some whining kid new to ark, I just think server needs wipe and further more it should become a regular thing.

I shall repeat myself "after 2ish months alphas are usually estabilished and the server pace slows down.".

I understand you and your wood bases and mass dino taming feels like you've wasted a lot of time... but this server will wipe sooner or then later, if its sooner it means more pvp, if its later it means server will slow down and die off.

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

Re: Server Wipe Petition. [24hr poll]

Post#6 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:50 am

déjà vu

T3aSpoon
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Bronies

Post#7 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:54 am

Panterra-Arius wrote:Monkey,

I know there will always eventually be a alpha, thats why if you read the bottom italic stylized writing i also suggest 2-3 monthly wipes. This way the alpha constantly changes, ppl get chances and the server never becomes stale.

I also never said the server is unfair, i said there is minimal action between any tribe other then poly and bronies and who they decide to raid... which is true.

As for new I was on this server... maybe a year ago? yeah, anyway Im not new, i also have 1.5k hours in Ark im not some whining kid new to ark, I just think server needs wipe and further more it should become a regular thing.

I shall repeat myself "after 2ish months alphas are usually estabilished and the server pace slows down.".

I understand you and your wood bases and mass dino taming feels like you've wasted a lot of time... but this server will wipe sooner or then later, if its sooner it means more pvp, if its later it means server will slow down and die off.

Wipe essays from panterra. déjà vu much.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#8 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:02 am

I don't know which way to vote, as a wipe would benefit the server but hurt me as a solo player. So, on that note, I propose that the wipe goes ahead but tribe size is limited to 2. That will set the cat amongst the pigeons for challenging game play.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#9 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:11 am

Solo or duo tribes. NO Alliances. Would make things interesting.

MarineWolf
Gatherer
Tribe: Suicide 3

Post#10 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:58 am

Let me start by saying this much. i normaly welcome server wipes but its been 2 months like jesus.

OK my main points are this and this reply is only aimed at Panterra you stated that it takes around 2 months for a tribe to hit alpha yet you want the server to be wiped every 2-3 months so what grind up to alpha to only start again. Most peoples complaints for ark is how you have to grind so much thus why we play on a 10x server and even then it takes along fing time.

2. do you seriously think the alpha tribes just sit on ass all day. No all of the alpha tribes on this server work their ass of each day to hold that alpha stats. I rank our tribe at about 4th in the server rankings and we start every day by grinding out 80k metal and over 200k wood. Then we move on to some breeding and then we finish the day by fucking around a bit. So no the alpha tribe work each day to hold heir stats and by wiping the server now and every 2-3 month means that no one is going to try and get alpha because its to much work to all be wiped away so quickly.

3. As for smaller tribes not having a go or not being able to hit top dog then thats just BS i can confidantly speak for all the alpha tribes on the server and say that we will ONLY go after a tribe that is around the same size as ours. Due to the server rules not much base wise is lost when you get rided so relay the most you will lose if maby a few blue prints and thats it. so all of the smaller tribe do have a chance to be top dog and also non of the larger tribes are activly trying to stop pvp- raiding between the smaller tribes on the server.

4. and this is my last point every alpha has worked their fing asses of to get to where they are and thats a fact. By having the server wiped so often means that no one is going to put in the effort to get alpha or if they do they will just be disappointed to see all the time and effort wasted as the server re-sets.

5. i lie not last point. No one is stopping the smaller tribe doing stuff from my point of view everyone has equal opportunity (no one is camping tames gigas for example) and also most of the alphas are helping the smaller tribes. god know how many dinos our tribe has given away and i know poly help out smaller tribes have also seen bronies help out as well so the alphas are not activly trying to crush new players or smaller tribes we want to have competition as well. but dont want to losse hundreds and hundreds of hours work the 6month wipes are just right gives people time to build up and also to enjoy what they have earned and not just see it wiped a few weeks after they have finished

I would like to apologise for spelling and grammar of this post i have dyslexia :P .