PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Resolved] Latest Patch

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
acidmudcrabs
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: WIG WAM

Re: Latest Patch

Post#11 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:17 am

is that thingo happening again i cant join the server again feelsbadman

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#12 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:53 am

acidmudcrabs wrote:is that thingo happening again i cant join the server again feelsbadman

yeah, same issue with new patch, i love how they roll out a whole bunch of stuff at once, harder to troubleshoot ...
i may have to wipe if they dont fix this soon ... :cry: :x
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Bionicfish
Survivor
Tribe: The Alchemists

Post#13 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:43 am

Munki you have probably already attempted some of these fixes if not:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/fo ... ese-first/

Have a read through that. Alot of different trouble shoot options

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#14 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:08 pm

Reading Steam forums as well as SurviveTheArk forums it appears that server, and client, crashes are widespread since the patch. The official servers have even been impacted with the majority of them crashing and/or shut down for service.

Munki is doing the best he can to repair our home, but he can only do so much when WildCard releases a patch that obviously has caused so many issues. It even caused the ragdoll through the map glitch to come back which was repaired in the .2 patch, indicating the patch testing is not what it should be.

All we can do, is ride it out. It's an alpha game and I would suggest the devs are punching out the big patches to get it ready for release in 2017, with stability balance being sorted after patch release. We are, after all, test pilots for their alpha game development.

Duchess
Survivor
Tribe: Spoons

Post#15 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:19 pm

The amount of fresh wiped servers and how ruined out dino spawns are, why not just do a fresh wipe and be down, i hate loosing all my stuff but the server is crapped and starting with nothing but all my levels is boring,

do a proper wipe!

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#16 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Just an update;
I did a wipe and copied over your player profiles, was going around testing, and the game crashed ...
I am now downloading the whole (50GB) game again to see if it still crashes...

Update 26/11 2:24pm
yeah.. it crashed, brand new everything...
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#17 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:19 pm

GG Wildcard, as well as killing official PVP servers with ZERG tribes you kill unofficials with dodgy patches too.

SMH

:(

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#18 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:24 pm

King_Kiff wrote:GG Wildcard, as well as killing official PVP servers with ZERG tribes you kill unofficials with dodgy patches too.

SMH

:(

Funnily enough I accidentally joined the wrong server in my favourites tab a week ago, an official server where I spent a good 8 months before I had enough of being wiped. When I played on it, 70 players were the limit and it was not uncommon for the server to be full. Last week when I logged in, it had 3 people on it. I jumped in chat and was told there was rarely more than 10 people, and regularly tribes spawned in with SE dragons and wiped everyone then spawned out.

Check this out for unexpected backlash:
Nooblets complaint

Unofficial servers like Playark are the way of the future....

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#19 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:01 pm

DattoSSS wrote: I jumped in chat and was told there was rarely more than 10 people, and regularly tribes spawned in with SE dragons and wiped everyone then spawned out.

i was checking the devs forums, apparently theres a dupe bug where people can dupe dinos and there would be hundreds in a tribe and they would wipe the server.

Sekhmet114
Dino Master
Tribe: Bronies

Post#20 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:40 am

Looking at the forums, it seems good 'ol Moschops was the culprit?