PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

The horror of V256

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: The horror of V256

Post#11 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:00 am

I have increased stamina by 70% for all dinos, hopefully this fixes some of the issues.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

RangiNZ
Survivor
Tribe: Badlands Abortionists

Post#12 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:14 am

Honestly the biggest thing to me has been the giant raft-eating doom fish put in the game. We just lost our taming raft because 3 of those bastards spawned outside our base.

The stamina hits were a bit rough but I 100% agree with the hit to movespeed. Now fliers actually have some form of risk attached when attacking things. The other side to this coin is that everyone has designed their base having to deal with 40k hp lightspeed doom quetzals, while having a doom quetzal of their own. It's now going to be much slower to gather metal, and super difficult to attack the turret sided death cubes people have.

I just hope that Wildcard focus on some QoL changes to land dinos to help mitigate some of the frustration.

If enough people support it, a wipe is probably justified given how much the game has changed. What are other peoples thoughts?

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#13 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:31 am

Its certainly making life hard on the centre map seeing how i live on a island :/ Might have to change to the island server

Plexor
Donator
Donator
Tribe: Zenith

Post#14 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:05 am

Ace_Ackbar wrote:What's that? You have a Ptera? You can fly form one side of the map to the other in under 2 minutes without any chance of death? BORING. That same Ptera can make it impossible to be hit by plant X while draining them? BORING. That Ptera can even zoom past turrets and not be affected? LAME!

This statement comes from a player who has not flew around the redwood forest just below the canopy layer nor travel on land with a convoy through thick forest with rocks at every corner on The Island server from one side of the map to the other.

Try doing that and you'll be amazed how many things can pull you down from your ride and the increasing annoyance of your dinos getting stuck.

Thylacoleos, microraptors and Purlovias are more than a match for stunning and pulling off riders from fliers to the ground while many other creatures will pounce in for the kill and have your tame for lunch.

Ace_Ackbar wrote:. Might even encourage more player interaction with all the land dinos!

Travelling on land does not bode well if you do not have troops of good leveled dinos as there are 100 ++ leveled carnivors which will fight with your troop every single minute and there is a chance of death for each troop, lets not add alphas to the mix when you come across one. "Look first befor walking you say, Yeah sure will with lots of trees and rocks at every corner its difficult to spot one and not if your troop of dinos are more than 150++ levels and to top it all off having your dino getting stuck among trees and rocks brings no joy in land travel.

There are some who take roles as merchants or builders in the Island server this nerf has effected it badly as it has stalled them from getting resources from one point of the map to another. And effect those who took the roles as "hunters" and "tamers" too as Argy and Quetz immense stamina drain its hard to grab a wild and move it to a safe pen for taming as running out of stamina and landing will release the wild and it will retaliate.

Also on mining with a quetz, Ark has lots of clipping issues, and fast fliers solves the problem by being able to pull a rescue of your doed / anky if it accidently clips and falls down into hoard of rexes/ carnivores and this will be a problem when your fliers are too slow to swoop in and grab them which will result death for both of them and YOU.

Lets not discuss travelling on land through the swamp biome with titanboas and leeches added to the mix.

Death item recovery is another, FAST fliers solve it too before your items despawn.

The flier nerf was very very big screw up Wildcard has pulled, it breaks the game!

DrunkMunki wrote:I have increased stamina by 70% for all dinos, hopefully this fixes some of the issues.

Wildcard devs mentioned that they might inplement ini settings for fliers to rollback the changes on v256, the Right Hand mentioned the only way to negate flier nerf is to get a mod for that and it may be the Classic Flyer Mods will help.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=895711211

wavier_shadow
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: HOTMAN

Post#15 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:26 am

I really only have issues with pteras, the fact they can be leveled in speed and out run turrets and dive bomb into a base with no problems, if you can have a dino that quick there should be a trade off, ie lower the pteras weight so it cant just swoop in a grab players left right and center, i think they are broken enough with their speed let alone being able to race across the map and grab someone out of their base
if you want to be able to pick people up you should have to sacrifice some of the point in speed for weight

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#16 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:38 am

Lets not start attacking each other over changes made by the Dev team, everyone is entitled to their opinion and this may be based simply on different playing style. If anyone saw some of my solo base designs I am sure you would think I had lost the plot, but it worked for me. Some people aren't centred around flyers, and that's cool. Unfortunately, I am...

I personally think the flyer speed has been nerfed as a potential lag fix, same as the dino cap. How many times have you flown along on your fast ptera and suddenly stopped mid air, only to have a behemoth render in front of you with a base around it and 120 turrets are shooting at you. The devs are trying to reduce base sizes and structure load-ins. Why else would vaults get a size and health reduction (people have built bases out of vaults - imagine them now, bit breezy?) Flyers became fast, faster than the game renders in - because it is built on an engine coded in 1995....My theory anyway.

We have good mods already installed, and don't need anymore. I wouldn't recommend a mod that retros vanilla game settings as this can end in disaster for the server if the mod becomes unsupported. If it's not a game enhancing mod I couldn't see it getting sponsored.

If you have the time, this is still one of the best games out there, and Munki's server is the best and most stable server in Australia. I am not unhappy I have enjoyed most of the 1500+ hours I have put into the game, but as I said before this nerf has just made a tedious part of the game (travel) more tedious, and far too time consuming for me, so I am going into stasis for a while to see what happens.

My advice to all of you is sit tight, watch the glow of the flames from the official forums, and wait for the Dev's to make adjustments. Keep your dinos and turrets full, keep playing, and follow Munki's direction. Now is a good time to hit the water and tame some high level fish for breeding, and forget about the birds for now. This will self regulate.

RangiNZ
Survivor
Tribe: Badlands Abortionists

Post#17 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:53 pm

Well said.

Ace_Ackbar
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#18 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:30 pm

DattoSSS wrote:Lets not start attacking each other over changes made by the Dev team, everyone is entitled to their opinion and this may be based simply on different playing style. If anyone saw some of my solo base designs I am sure you would think I had lost the plot, but it worked for me. Some people aren't centred around flyers, and that's cool. Unfortunately, I am...

I personally think the flyer speed has been nerfed as a potential lag fix, same as the dino cap. How many times have you flown along on your fast ptera and suddenly stopped mid air, only to have a behemoth render in front of you with a base around it and 120 turrets are shooting at you. The devs are trying to reduce base sizes and structure load-ins. Why else would vaults get a size and health reduction (people have built bases out of vaults - imagine them now, bit breezy?) Flyers became fast, faster than the game renders in - because it is built on an engine coded in 1995....My theory anyway.

We have good mods already installed, and don't need anymore. I wouldn't recommend a mod that retros vanilla game settings as this can end in disaster for the server if the mod becomes unsupported. If it's not a game enhancing mod I couldn't see it getting sponsored.

If you have the time, this is still one of the best games out there, and Munki's server is the best and most stable server in Australia. I am not unhappy I have enjoyed most of the 1500+ hours I have put into the game, but as I said before this nerf has just made a tedious part of the game (travel) more tedious, and far too time consuming for me, so I am going into stasis for a while to see what happens.

My advice to all of you is sit tight, watch the glow of the flames from the official forums, and wait for the Dev's to make adjustments. Keep your dinos and turrets full, keep playing, and follow Munki's direction. Now is a good time to hit the water and tame some high level fish for breeding, and forget about the birds for now. This will self regulate.

I love this.... and I'm going to get to it in just a minute...

In response to some of the others; the reason I'm so happy about the change is because I have relied on fliers, simply because it's too good NOT to use. It makes the game boring. Flying around the redwoods, canopy, above, or below, even on the ground - a fast Ptera doesn't have issues if you're aware of the dangers. And sure, a Ptera can die super fast to turrets if you're not smart enough to learn how to avoid them, the problem here being it's not hard. The nerf was needed, badly. Of course I think it might have been a little harsh (maybe just cap certain stats?), but I'm still happy with it. I love running around on ground dinos with the full risk of what could happen. It adds that challenge to the game that has been dead for so long.

But back to what DattoSSS said - this isn't about attacking other players. These are just personal opinions. Many players will be taking a break from the game after this "disaster", but as stated, it will self regulate. One thing I love about ARK is when they nerf something this hard, they always bring it back up to standard fairly quickly, especially based on players reactions - so you wont' have to worry too much. It will sort itself out soon.

In the mean time, everyone just enjoy the game, have fun, keep kicking ass on these awesome servers provided to us by awesome admins :D

~Ace

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#19 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:09 pm

From: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/di ... 999498057/

Originally posted by TheRightHand:
Just commenting here so that a lot of people will see it and can echo it elsewhere:

We plan to tweak these numbers a lot based on community feedback over the next few days, this is a starting place so that we can measure feedback and collect thoughts.

If we released a series of nerfs over the next few days, people would be far, far more upset at the continual degradation of their dinos. Instead, we will be able to buff them now until they're more in line with what the overall community feedback tells us.

We have always worked best through iteration with the community, just make your voices heard and let us know. These aren't final numbers (=

- The Right Hand
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#20 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:54 pm

I read that yesterday, personally I think it may have been the idea but I also feel like part of it was just covering their asses after they made a terrible mistake. Take for example, they literally broke the game for SE with people trying to get wyvern eggs. Every bird on there is now too slow to get both eggs and to kite a wyvern into a trap to get milk from it. I think they didn't fully anticipate how much this would completely destroy flyers and on the whole ark. This patch has basically shown people how many issues ark still has that people used flyers to get around. Mining metal was pretty easy on the quetz. Now if you wanted to do it by not flying you would need a caravan of dinos to get anywhere near a reasonable amount. Unless that caravan is going to be made up of rexs or something bigger they will proceed to get stuck on every tree and rock in their path.